Thursday, August 11, 2011

(PLEASE ANSWER!) Audio interfaces for under $200?

I have a question about recording. I have everything to record, I mean EVERYTHING, mics, mixer, computer, cables, adapters, guitars, amps, drums, and such. I want to record my drums in a better way. I had an idea to use my mixer to send certain drum mics to certain sub-groups. (4 to be exact) The snare is 1, bass in 2, toms in 3, and the overheads in 4. The mixer has four sub-group outs that I can use to record as SEPARATE tracks. This is the problem, I don't have an interface and I want to record as soon as possible. The interface must have at least 4 simultaneous inputs to record from, have a USB out, and preferably under $200, (under $150 if you can). Also it probably has to have software with it. I looked at this TASCAM US-144 MKII interface for a while BUT, it says 4 CHANNELS but it has 2 mic/XLR inputs and two 1/4" inputs. There's a switch to switch between either of those. So does this mean I can only record to inputs at a time from this??? It WOULD be perfect but this is my only concern, thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment