Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Should I use RCA audio cables from my mixer to my audio interface or TRS cables?

I just bought an M-Audio Fast Track Pro and it has inputs and outputs of both TRS and RCA. I am using my Behringer UB1202 mixer and I usually run a 1/4th TRS to RCA cable from my main outs on my mixer to the RCA inputs on my Behringer UCA202 audio interface and from my UCA202 i connect another RCA to RCA cable from the output of my interface to the RCA input on my mixer. Now, I just bought this M-Audio Fast Track Pro sound interface and it accepts both RCA and TRS for input or output use, so Im wondering if it would be better to use TRS cables for everything and if I did would I get better quality in my sound and recordings? I just want as best quality as i can get out of this small setup I have going. Im choosing to not use the XLR inputs on the front because i will be using and recording more than two microphones. thanks to anyone who can and does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment