Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How can I use my Roland SPD-S to trigger my acoustic bass drum?

MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS SLOWLY) I have a show comming up this next week and I wanted to use my SPD-S to trigger my acoustic drums(specifically my bass drum) for this show..I know I could probably read the manual and find out, and I will probably read it, I just don't have time. Basically what I got here is I got my mackie pro Fx mixer. I got my Mackie powered SRM 450 speakers plugged into my mixer. Now I have the SPD-S, and I have a DDRUM bass drum trigger. So I "believe" that I need to hook up the SPD-S to the mixer, and the trigger to the SPD-S. Honestly, I need someone to explain how to achieve this and to get the SPD-S to work with an acoustic trigger. I know their is some kind of process you have to work out on the SPD-S. I just dont know what to do on the SPD-S to make that work. and I guess to hook up the trigger I need a cable that has an XLR end and a 1/4 end? has anyone done this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment