Saturday, August 6, 2011

XLR Audio Connectors?

My friend told me that the XLR inputs/outputs of the sound system(surround speakers) of the venue has male and female XLR inputs (3 pins). They were usually used for mics during events. I am wondering if I could plug my guitar straight to the XLR inputs there and I don't know which one to plug into. The female or the male? I am to buy a XLR Adapter with 1/4" female input (from the guitar cord) and a male or female output (for the input on the sound system of the venue) ? Which adapter do I need? A 1/4" Female to 3-pin XLR Male or Female? I am going to have an intermission on that venue. Are the male and female same in functions? I mean could I plug my guitar cord to the male XLR input (using an adapter) and reproduce my sound through the sound system? Or it only works for female? Help, I am confused and I don't have knowledge of these stuffs! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment