Friday, August 5, 2011

I feel like a horrible mom today......?

My daughter (2yrs old) woke up screaming last night. She was hysterical and I couldn't console her. I tried to console her for a good 40 minutes and then I gave up because I thought she was having her usual freakouts and being unreasonable and bratty (like she usually is....) I left her in her room while she cried and I went back to bed. She kept screaming and screaming and screaming and then finally she feel asleep on her own (probably because she exausted herself right?) I did a little reasearch online this morning and I found out that she might be having night terrors and now I feel horrible for having left her screaming by herself. I feel like a horrible mom today. Was I wrong to have handled the situation this way? Did you have any night terror issues with your kids? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment